- A 2012 study, looking at psychological consequences of terrorist attacks in Pakistan found; relatively high prevalence estimates for mental health problems in sample of Pakistani ’emergency responders’, who also reported high levels of trauma exposure. (Accessible Here)
- A 2007 study. looking into Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in victims of October 2005 earthquake in Pakistan; found prevalence of PTSD to be higher among females as compared to their male counterpart. The study went on to conclude that the Frequency of PTSD was markedly increased in people who suffered from physical injuries as compared to those who did not sustain injuries. (Accessible Here)
- A 2018 study, looking at PTSD among school children of Army Public School Peshawar after Six month of terrorists attack found a very high prevalence of PTSD among 10 to 18 years age group students of Army Public School inspite of five months continuous intervention and rehabilitation services. (Accessible Here)
Recently, studies have confirmed the ability of cannabidiol (CBD), a component of Cannabis sativa to be extremely beneficial in improving PTSD symptoms.
Research also point towards the fact that women are more likely to be affected by PTSD as compared to men;
” The ratio is approximately 10:4, according to the National PTSD Center. Traumatic events that are the most often cause of PTSD in men are rape, participation in hostilities, abandonment, and ill-treatment in childhood. The most traumatic events in women are rape, sexual abuse, physical assault, and childhood abuse, which unfortunately are more likely to happen throughout life. (Source)
Researchers have discovered many promising benefits of CBD to alleviate the symptoms associated with the disorder — especially in people that haven’t responded well to conventional therapies.
The benefits of CBD oil for PTSD include:
- May prevent nightmares
- may prevent the formation of “fear memories”
- Alleviates symptoms of anxiety & depression
- Alleviates insomnia
Research Supports CBD for PTSD
“Promising research shows that CBD is effective in attenuating some of the major symptoms of PTSD— such as preventing the consolidation of fear memories, reducing anxiety and improving sleep.
In a recent 2018 review, researchers found that CBD offers a safe, therapeutic alternative for treating PTSD— with significant improvements in these symptoms, particularly in reducing the retention of unpleasant memories .
Other research has confirmed that nabilone, a synthetic cannabinoid, is effective in blocking trauma-related nightmares in patients that did not respond to traditional therapies .
As acceptance of CBD widens, more countries have approved the use of medical-grade cannabis for the treatment of PTSD. CBD is recognized as a suitable treatment option with its ability to reduce anxiety and depression, improve sleep, and eliminate flashbacks — all without risk of serious side-effects.” (Source)
Full Spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil
Sativex This is a mouth spray that contains both cannabidiol (CBD) as well as THC. It is used to treat patients with multiple sclerosis who
TIRAH VALLEY: Home To World’s Most Sought After ‘Hashish-Cannabis-Marijuana’ Aka Pakistan’s ‘BLACK GOLD’ Mine
KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA TIRAH VALLEY (Orakzai, Khyber & Kurram Agency) Tirah Maidan (Valley) in Khyber Agency is situated at an altitude of over 2000-2500+ meters at 32°- 33° North
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui-XMdJ0ulU&t=2s When Waldo Dwyer was six months old, his parents Danielle and Brian realized he had trouble seeing. Soon after, they learned Waldo had a